Sunday, December 23, 2007

Holiday Greetings



I belong to an art class where once a week we all get together, chit chat and paint. With music playing in the background and in a small cottage right on the water, the inspiration to paint comes easily. Some are using watercolors, some oils and some acrylics. I have tried them all through the years. I was fortunate enough to major in Fine Arts in college, and also to have studied under Herman Itchavitch (deceased) during my lifetime. There is no better feeling than painting, to me. All my problems disappear as I concentrate on my canvas. Sometimes the paintings don't come out the way I wanted them to. (more often than not:) and these go into a bag. The bag is stuffed to overflowing right now. Other times, a painting will just click and even I am amazed at how it turned out! Those go on my walls at home. Years ago I used to sell them, but I actually found myself missing my own paintings and started re painting some of the scenes I had done. My point is that I am using the photo on the left for my Holiday Greeting because I painted it. It's not one of my best, but for those of you who received cards from me, you know that this was my Holiday Card!

For those of you who may not have received a card, this is it!

Happy Holidays, peace and health to all of you!

No comments: