Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Coastal Serendipity

If you haven't already noticed, I Love the Coast. I cannot imagine living any further inland. I did not grow up on the Coast but I always had an affinity with it. I have driven to many of the beaches and little seaside hideaways hereabouts in RI. I did not get to visit Block Island until I was 30! Amazing as its a 40 minute ferry ride from Point Judith! I know a lot of Rhode Islanders who have not been there. They do not know what they are missing! I have since been to BI hundreds of times, spent many a weekend there, both in hotels, inns and on my boat and my brothers boat. It never changes. I guess that's one of the reasons I love it. Although the past few years it has attracted a lot more people. The homes have increased in value due to the incredible beauty of the Island and I do have piles of photos which I will be getting up here soon. The parts of BI that have made the most impression on me are the people that live there year round. Not in the mansions, but in the little cottages that can barely be seen behind the big hotels. These people are the heart and soul of the Block. Have you ever noticed the smell of the Island? Incredible. Guess you have to be there to feel the peace!
I have just started another blog on the Coast of Rhode Island. Not much there yet, but stay tuned.

No comments: